01 July 2012

[8.] Brighton Japan Festival 2012

Good afternoon, readers ^-^!


Yesterday I didn't have time to write an entry,
as I was in Brighton all day for

Brighton Japan Festival

I had to get up at 6am, so I would be in Brighton for 12 noon.
It was such a long journey, but definitely worth it as I got to see my friends.


Brighton Japan Festival is an annual event that first started in 2008.
It has become the largest annual Japanese cultural festival in the United Kingdom.
It was my first time there, so I was really excited!

Yesterday's event was called "Asahi Anime Festival".
This is part of the Street Festivals, so it was outside!
Now we've all heard of the phenomenon "British Summer"...
But it was ACTUALLY sunny all day!
So lucky  ^-^!

 I was there to model in the "Japanese Street Fashion Show"!
My friend Memz was showcasing her sculptures in the fashion show.
She's an amazing artist and you can follow her work at:

Memz was also my model partner, as we all walked up in pairs!
Here are some photos of us!

Memz and I on stage, showcasing her Cult Party Kei sculpture!

A close-up of my outfit - sorry for the bad quality :3

•What I'm wearing•

Red rose hairclip - H&M
Pink rose hairclip - H&M
Rose wreath - Primark
Cardigan - Supplied by Memz
Red cross necklace - eBay
White cat necklace - Roxie Sweetheart
White rabbit ring - Roxie Sweetheart
Red bow ring - Accessorize
White heart ring - Accessorize
Belt - H&M
Top - New Look
Skirt - Moi-même-Moitié
Stockings - Leg Avenue
Shoes - Vivienne Westwood x Melissa

We were modelling the style "Cult Party Kei x Lolita".
I hope I pulled it off, what do you think?

In the end, I left Brighton at 6pm and 
was back home at around 11pm and super tired.
Totally amazing day, though!

Thank you for reading,
For more photos, have a look at the Brighton Japan website!
More "Foreign Lolitas" entries are coming up, too ^-^!


x Chrissii x

6 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, and Memz looks great too! I didn't realise there was such an event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^-^!
      I've got some more pics too!
      I think Memz advertised it in Frills & Frolics a couple of times, tho I hardly ever look on there XD

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! It seems like Cult Party kei is catching on the UK? I've seen quite a few cult party girls in my neighbourhood, I think because there's a big shop called "Tatouage" selling vintage clothing in this sort of style. I really like how you used Moitie for this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ^-^!
      Yea I think it's catching on a bit here, lots of people I know are interested or wear it already on occasion! I quite like how it looks on me actually, so maybe I'll try a few different outfits once I've done more research! Hopefully I can find some things in the vintage/ 2nd hand shops around here, too!

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful! :) I love the floral motif in your outfit, it's very cute.

    This sounds like such a fun event, I wish I could have come! Hopefully next time ^_^

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Florrie ^-^!
      Definitely try to go next year, it's quite cool!
      I've found a lot more photos of myself by now, so I might edit this post in a bit, haha!

      x Chrissii x

      Delete