09 July 2012

[12.] Die Antwoord concert...

Good afternoon readers ^-^!
Today I'd like to talk about a concert I went to on Thursday.


~*Die Antwoord*~
HMV Forum, Kentish Town
London, 05/07/2011.

So typical! 
When I move away from London,
 an awesome band is playing... So; back I went!

 Die Antwoord are a South-African rap-rave group.
"Die Antwoord" is Afrikaans, meaning "The Answer".

They get their inspiration from the Zef counter-culture.
Yo-Landi Vi$$er describes Zef as: "It's associated with people who 
soup their cars up and rock gold and shit. Zef is, you're poor but you're fancy. 
You're poor but you're sexy, you've got style."

Their vocals are in Afrikaans, Xhosa and English.
Meaning I understand most of it, since Dutch is very similar to Afrikaans!

Yo-Landi Vi$$er and Ninja
 I got to the gig around 8pm with my friend Bree & her friend.
We were wearing matching T-shirts which we made ourselves XD

Bree's says: "I kill everything I fuck" & mine says: "I fuck everything I kill".
On the backside we have each others words XD

A lot of people loved them, though I felt a little bad, 
as they're lyrics from a different band D:
We hoped that Die Antwoord wouldn't mind and thought it was funny
if they'd spot us in the crowd...

Die Antwoord started playing at around 9pm.
They did lots of songs that I love;

Wat kyk jy?
Baby's on Fire
I Fink U Freeky
Rich Bitch
Fok Julle Naaiers
Sail Away Motherfuckers (ft. Enya)

And many more!

One of the only good photos I have from the gig! Yo-Landi & DJ Hi-Tek!

If I remember correctly, they ended the show around 22:30 
with "Enter The Ninja".

Die Antwoord - Enter The Ninja

Die Antwoord - Baby's On Fire (this is my favourite)

 I had such an amazing night!
Hopefully I can see them again some time!
It was truly incredible <3

When I'm at a concert I always drool over the merchandise!
I really wanted to buy a Yo-Landi T-shirt, but they didn't take cards.
It's such a shame, because I'd totally lose cash if I took it!
I never carry any cash!


Thank you for reading!
x Chrissii x

No comments:

Post a Comment